Greetings SCOPE NJ Paranormal Quiz fans! This summer season will usher in a new interest in UFO research. My wife Carol and I are proud members of the Mutual UFO Network or MUFON. We'll share a link with you at the bottom of our page. You can also find it in our site index entitled "UFO Encounters" as well as on our Links page. We highly recommend MUFON membership as it is a reputable source of UFO information and an organization that effectively investigates countless UFO sightings.
Our quiz will test your knowledge of UFOs and related information. Get a paper and pencil, sit down in a nice comfy chair, pour yourself a drink, relax, and tackle the following questions. No fair peeking at answers. You'll find them at the bottom of this page. Good luck, and "may the force be with you!"
1. A mass UFO sighting occurred in Arizona and Sonora, Mexico on Thursday, March 13, 1997. Witnesses reported seeing lights of various descriptions in the sky between 7:30 and 10:30 MST. This famous case is known as...
a. A rare glimpse of northern lights from California; b. An unscheduled air force training session; c. the Phoenix lights.
2. He was the author of the best-selling "Chariots of the Gods" published in 1968. The book triggered a movement that advanced the idea that earth has been visited by aliens for thousands of years. His name is...
a. Rod Serling; b. Erich von Daniken; c. Neil Armstrong
3. A U.S. government location in Nevada that has been linked by some UFO authorities as a base for "black ops" including the back-engineering of crashed alien flying saucers is known as...
a. Area 51; b. Offutt Air Force Base; c. White Sands Proving Grounds
4. A celestial phenomena reported in 1561 over Nuremberg in the Holy Roman Empire has been interpreted by some UFO authorities and authors as: a. A huge meteor or bolide that broke apart in the sky; b. a battle between extraterrestrial spacecraft;
c. a spectacular eclipse of the sun.
5. One of the best reported UFO sightings occurred during December, 1980 in a forest adjoining an air force base in Suffolk, England. This forest is named... a. Suffolk Forest; b. Rendlesham Forest; c. Sherwood Forest
6. Instruments used by SETI Institute scientists includes a number of radio and optical telescopes in an effort to confirm the existence of life in outer space. SETI stands for... a. Survey of Extraterrestrial Inhabitants; b. Space Exploration with Technical Innovations; c. Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence.
7. The first alien abduction in 1961 that was publicized worldwide was...a. Betty and Barney Hill; b. Ernest Hemingway; c. Franklin and Rachel Mills.
8. The alien bodies supposedly recovered from the Roswell, New Mexico UFO crash site are described as being short and having spindely arms and legs, large hairless heads and huge black eyes. In fact, 43% of all alien encounters in the United States match this description. As a result, these types of aliens are now referred to as... a. DEs or Diminutive Extraterrestrials; b. Alpha Centaurians; c. the Greys.
9. A series of systematic studies of UFOs was carried out by the U.S. Air Force beginning in 1952. This project was popularly known as...a. The Tyson Initiative; b. Project Blue Book; c. UFO Sightings Research
10. Many years before he was elected President of the United States, this man reported seeing a UFO while in Leary, Georgia in 1969. His name is...a. Jimmy Carter; b. George W. Bush; c. Bill Clinton