Welcome to our Fall 2016 Paranormal Quiz devoted to Halloween! It is our hope that you will successfully answer all of the following questions. If you do, then you will earn the rank of Wizard! Good luck! When you're finished, scroll down for the correct answers and your score.
1. Back in colonial days, Jack-o' lanterns were placed on stoops and window sills for what purpose?
2. "Halloween" is the title of
a 1978 film starring Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis. Who directed and scored the movie?
3. Records indicate that in the late
18th and early 19th century, Halloween was not celebrated much in early America. However, during the latter part of the 19th century,
the mass immigration, beliefs, and practices of two ethnic groups from Europe eventually established Halloween as a holiday in the
United States. What is the name of at least one of these ethnic groups?
4. The world's largest annual Halloween parade that attracts
thousands of participants, approximately two million spectators, and a TV audience of millions of viewers is held where?
5. A modern
varient of trick or treating is often held in the parking lots of various churches. What is the name of this practice?
6. What are
two of the three colors usually associated with Halloween?
7. True of False: A pumpkin can be grown to weigh more than 2000 pounds
and be almost as big as a small car.
8. What is the name of the phobia representing a fear of Halloween?
9. What is the name of a
famous magician who died on Halloween night from appendicitis?
10. The word "witch" comes from the Old English "wicci" that means
How Well Did You Do?
1. To frighten off malicious spirits.
2. John Carpenter
3. The two ethnic groups were Irish and Scottish
4. New York's Greenwich Village
6. Orange, Black and, more recently, Purple.
7. True! In fact in 2013 a California man broke the
by growing one that weighed 2032 lbs.
or 921.7 kg.