Paranormal Quiz XVII
It's autumn and time to celebrate one of our favorite holidays on October 31st...HALLOWEEN! So put on your thinking cap and let's see how much you know about "The Eve of All Hallows." It is also known as "Samhain" (Sow'an) by Wiccans and Pagan Celts. In the United States, it is celebrated with trick-or- treating, costume parties, carving Jack-O'-Lanterns, watching horror movies, decorating, visiting haunted attractions, navigating corn mazes, and more. In Mexico, it is a component of a traditional feast called "El Dia De Los Muertos" which translates to 'The Day of the Dead" that falls on November 1st.
Below are 10 questions to test your knowledge of Halloween. Good Luck!
1. Halloween is also the name of a slasher movie that was released in 1978. It was directed and scored by John Carpenter and starred
Donald Pleasance as psychiatrist Dr. Sam Loomis. A actress in her film debut played the part of Laurie Strode. What is the name of
2. There is a traditional belief that the carving of Jack-O'-Lanterns was first practiced in Scotland and Ireland. But
instead of a pumpkin they used a large root vegetable. What is the name of this vegetable?
3. "Guising" is a term that was commonly
used in Scotland and Ireland for what practice?
4. A popular game for Halloween is called "dunking" or bobbing for ______________.
5. Where is the world's largest Halloween parade held?
6. Orange and black are the colors that are traditionally associated with Halloween.
What other color is gaining in popularity?
7. Once popular in Europe, unmarried women on Halloween were advised that if they sat in
a dimly lit room and steadily gazed into a mirror, they would see the face of ____________________.
8. What was the original purpose
for creating Jack-O'-Lanterns?
9. What is the name of the popular Halloween movie that first appeared on TV screens in the 1960's
and featured Charlie Brown, his dog Snoopy, and friends?
10. The television show, "Ghost Whisperer," ran from 2005 to 2010 and starred
Jennifer Love Hewitt as Melinda Gordon who had the ability to see, hear, and communicate with spirits. What is the name of the "real"
Ghost Whisperer who served as a consultant for this TV series?
How Well Did You Do?
1. Jamie Lee Curtis
5. Greenwich Village, New York City
7. Their future
8. To chase away evil spirits
9. "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"
10. Mary Ann Winkowski
8-9 Pretty Good
1-3 You live in this world?