PARANORMAL QUIZ VI
Scroll down for answers.
It's winter and time for another SCOPE NJ paranormal quiz. This time we present a mixed bag of questions that may pertain to a variety of preternatural subjects. After you write down your answers, scroll down to see how well you've done.
1. Commissioned in 1934, this ship for many years was regarded as the most luxurious ocean liner that ever sailed the Atlantic. It served for a time as a troop transport during WWII. Over the years, more than 50 people died on the ship from a variety of tragic circumstances. It's no wonder that visitors and passengers have witnessed apparitions and other strange phenomena. In 1967, it was permanently docked in Long Beach California where is continues to function as an art deco hotel and museum. What is the name of this famous ship?
2. This small, neglected cemetery located on the edge of the Rubio Woods Forest Preserve is considered one of Chicago's most haunted locations. There have been innumerable paranormal events at this site that include mysterious lights and noises, apparitions, EVPs, and even sightings of strange looking creatures. What is the name of this cemetery?
3. Founded in 1885, it is the oldest psychical research organization in the United States. From its headquarters in New York City, it investigates paranormal or psychic phenomena using scientific methods. What is the name of this organization?
- What is the name of the phenomena whereby certain people believe that they have separated from their physical bodies and have traveled to various locations on earth or to other strange locations?
- What is the name of the female demon or spirit that is said to interfere with the sleep of a man in order to harass, disturb, or initiate sexual intercourse with him?
6. This gentleman devoted a tremendous amount of time during his later years in life to investigating paranormal phenomena. He interviewed people who claimed to have seen ghosts and searched for haunted locations where he hoped to witness these apparitions himself. He was born and raised in Salem, Massachusetts and went on to become an acclaimed author of such works as "The House of the Seven Gables" as well as a collection of short stories. What is his name?
7. The burning of this dried kitchen herb is said to cleanse or purify a location and rid it of ghostly entities. Native Americans reportedly used it for this purpose as well. Although there are other dried plants that are used for similar purposes, this one is most commonly employed. It is bundled as smudge sticks and burned in a crock, abalone shell, or small censer. What is the name of this aromatic spice?
8. The Ouija Board is used to obtain answers to questions about the past, present, and future, and to receive messages from spirits and other entities. Why do some people consider this form of communication dangerous?
- What is Phasmophobia?
10. Two young cousins, Elsie Wright and Frances Griffiths claimed to have seen something amazing behind Elsie's house in Cottingley, West Yorkshire, England. Their discovery gained worldwide attention, particularly after they provided a photograph to back up their claims. What did they see that produced so much attention?
1. The Queen Mary
2. Bachelor's Grove
3. American Society for Psychical Research (ASPR)
4. Out-Of- Body Experience (OBE)
The male counterpart that preys on women is called an incubus.
6. Nathanial Hawthorne
8. In the hands of untrained persons,
it could attract demons or other evil spirits.
9. Fear of ghosts and the unknown.